Dataw Island offers historical Charm, natural beauty, and extraordinary living.
Dataw Island’s centuries-old live oaks draped in Spanish moss will captivate your senses and amaze your guests as you enjoy golfing on our two recently renovated courses, playing tennis, croquet, bocce, boating, and just living the relaxed yet active coastal lifestyle.
Dataw Island is a private gated island community just six miles east of the charming Lowcountry town of Beaufort, SC, and close to Hilton Head, Savannah, and Charleston. You’ll find the perfect blend of history and modern amenities, along with excellent real estate values.
Whether your idea of paradise comprises social activities, clubs, sports, wellness, history, nature, art, and voluntarism or gathering with friends for a sweet tea, Dataw Island charms all who visit with her genteel Southern charm and open, welcoming atmosphere.
The Dataw Island difference
World-class golf and tennis are just the beginning at Dataw Island. Its two championship golf courses and eight Har-Tru tennis courts are complemented by countless additional amenities to exercise the mind as well as the body.
- An updated Clubhouse featuring several dining options and meeting spaces
- A resort style zero entry pool overlooking the Jenkins Creek featuring an onsite deli serving refreshments and food, a covered pavilion with seating and plenty of umbrellas and lounge chairs
- A Community Center featuring fitness, yoga, an indoor lap pool, art studio, and card rooms
- Croquet lawns unrivaled in the region
- A community garden
- A marina facility with deepwater access just three miles from the Intracoastal Waterway (currently operating from dry dock only)
- Historic ruins
- Miles of trails
- World-class dining
- Multiple clubs & activities
- All within very close proximity to Hunting Island Beach State Park, Historic downtown Beaufort, arts and cultural offerings, world-class healthcare, educational facilities, and more.
Incredible Lowcountry Golf
As one of South Carolina’s premier golf communities, Dataw Island is home to two 18-hole golf courses: Tom Fazio’s Cotton Dike course and Arthur Hills’ Morgan River course.
Both were recently renovated, and both were designed to ensure a pleasurable round for golfers of all abilities.
Golfers enjoy beautiful natural surroundings as they wind their way through the island and amongst tidal marshland, live oaks dating back hundreds of years, and Civil War-era ruins – starting and ending at our Southern-style Clubhouse.