Discover Puerto Rico for incredible golf, fantastic beaches, superb restaurants, and the perfect resort are there for you.
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO – Golfers love warm weather that allows them to play in sun-kissed comfort during fall and winter. They also prefer destinations where many lodging, restaurant, and after-golf activities exist. Puerto Rico is tailor-made to provide traveling golfers with the things they seek.
Not only are the Island’s playing venues fun and scenic, several are rated among the best in the Caribbean and Mexico. They offer an array of options to suit each player’s tastes, with a range of price points, terrain features, and designs from some of the game’s greats. These include Greg Norman, Robert Trent Jones Sr., Chi Chi Rodriguez, Tom Fazio, Tom Kite, Rees Jones, and Gary Player.
Ocean, mountain, and rain forest views await from many of Puerto Rico’s courses. El Yunque is a spectacular rain forest that can be seen from several Puerto Rico golf courses, including at Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve’s Championship Course, where the PGA Tour’s Puerto Rico Open is played annually, and from the Ocean and River courses at Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Golf & Beach Resort. Unfathomably beautiful ocean views await at Royal Isabela and Punta Borinquen, both perched atop seaside cliffs on the Island’s Northwest Coast. Near San Juan, Ponce, and Humacao, the courses in Dorado Beach, Bahia Beach, Costa Caribe, and Palmas Athletic Club are adjacent to the ocean, with holes parallel to the sandy beaches and turquoise surf.
Each Discover Puerto Rico visit starts with a warm welcome (“Bienvenidos”) and continues everywhere you explore. The Island is rich in festivals, traditions, art, and music, and the people (“Boricua”) are genuinely gracious and hospitable. With 78 municipalities, many with unique customs and distinct “personality,” there’s always another interesting place to discover nearby after golf.
If you’re in Puerto Rico, you’re already pretty lucky, but if you’re feeling extra charmed, try visiting some of the many casinos throughout the Island. Whether you’re a fan of blackjack, poker, or the slots, there are plenty of places for you to play your cards right.
Your trip will be enhanced by Puerto Rico’s food. With more than 4,000 restaurants, the choices are tantalizing. Try dishes such as mofongo, made of deep-fried green plantains and lechón, a slowly spit-roasted pork dish with juicy meat and crispy skin. Be ready to experience the distinctive spice that characterizes Afro-Caribbean cuisine. If you don’t have time to sample the wide variety of local dishes, consider trying out a food tour to sample the Island’s flavors.
Here are two stay-and-play packages that are representative of the 18 diverse yet complementary courses and numerous resorts on the Island.
Costa Caribe Stay and Play Package includes:
- Unlimited golf at Costa Caribe Golf & Country Club, home to 27 holes adjacent to the ocean on one side, mountains on the other
- Standard room accommodation with garden or ocean view at the Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort
- Breakfast buffet for two persons at La Terraza Restaurant
- Two DonQ welcome drinks
- Starting from $189 per night, per room
- Code: PGGSP1
- For reservations and additional details, please call 787-259-7676 or email email@example.com
- Choice of two rounds of golf at the 18-hole, award-winning Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed golf course or two spa treatments at Iridium Spa per stay
- Daily Breakfast for two at Seagrapes
- Minimum three nights
- 20 percent off additional rounds of golf
- 20 percent off additional spa treatments
- Enter ZJ4 in the Corporate/Promotional code box when making your online reservation
- Call 1-800-228-9290 for additional details pertaining to the package
Puerto Rico is an American territory that does not require a passport for American citizens, is bilingual, uses the U.S. dollar for currency, and is the air hub of the Caribbean.
For other great Caribbean golf locations visit Caribbean Golf.